Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Benefits of running



So, I have logged a grand total of 18 miserable and hard earned miles.  Plenty of time where I might be able to see benefits of running. One of which might be weight loss.  Yesterday I stepped on the scale.  It indicated that I was now 15 pounds lighter.  Wow!  15 pounds!  I thought I would see a huge difference in my gut flab area with the loss of 15 pounds. But here I was seeing a difference of 15 pounds on the scale. I stared skeptically.  Then I noticed the top edge of the scale was sitting on a corner of the bath mat.  I stepped off the scale and adjusted its position so that it wouldn't have any excuses to tell me lies. I stepped back on.  I was down 1 pound.  Still, I've seen my weight fluctuate 3 pounds in one day.  I knew I could walk into the kitchen, rummage around the cupboards cramming random items into my face and return five minutes later to the bathroom, my regular weight.

My understanding of the runner still remains as elusive as the road runner (pun semi-intentional) to Willey Coyote.


No comments:

Post a Comment