Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another benefit or running


I noticed today while running that maybe I am getting better conditioned.  I am not breathing hard when I run. Might I stress that I am getting PHYSICALLY accustomed to running.  Mentally... not so much. Every mile or so, my mind sends down the signal "OK everybody! We've had about enough of this, let's change it up a bit and walk for 1,2 or maybe the rest of the jog"  My legs are obedient and they go "Yeah, good idea" and I walk.  Thn my heart, my lungs and even my legs go "Hey, you know what?  We um, actually aren't that tired anymore.  Would you mind if we started running again to get this whole crap-fest over with?" and my mind says "YIGH! Hold up! What-is-the-rush? Let's just take this one step at at time.  A nice leisurely step at a time huh?" and so I walk for a bit.

I have also found another benefit to running.  I have never had any sort of stomach condition that would be called heartburn.  I have never felt the pains and agony of such. Since running, I have developed heartburn. Running is so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment