Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why run?



There are those -- the hardcore runners, who I can only assume hate themselves, that eat so that they can run wherever they want. I however, find the only benefit of running is that I could eat whatever I want.  That is why I ate something like 12 pounds of tiny spicy chicken last night.  If you think that eating a plate of food that weighs the same as a large baby and then going for a run the following morning is a bad idea... Then you sir or ma'am would be absolutely correct.

When you run, your body hurts. Your legs, your knees, your feet, your back, your stomach, your head and your arms. When your intestines toss a complaint onto the heap, you hardly notice.  Fortunately, I was able to take a few deep breaths and keep on running despite the kettle ball of Chinese food clanging around in my gutty works. Today's run, ranks about a 3 or a 4 on the suckiness scale. I even felt good enough on the last 3 blocks to open up into a full run from my usual lumbering shuffle of a jog.

My usual course is currently closed to the public due to the fact that it parallels a river that has transformed into a raging torrent that has glutted itself on a plentiful spring runoff.  I have had to follow a 3 mile loop through the neighborhoods around my house. Despite going on several runs last week and one thus far this week. I am only on mile 70 of my 200 goal. Running is getting easier, but let's be perfectly honest -- running, it just ain't no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment