Friday, September 3, 2010

Huh...

I went running yesterday after a lengthy vacation. I am truly worried about myself. I started out slow and braced myself for the inevitable wave of aches and pains. Nothing. I felt fine. I ran faster and faster still. I felt fine. The only inhibitor was the burning in my lungs if I ran too fast. It was exhilarating to run pain free, and that was actually, (gulp) actually, sort of, kinda... Well, fun? Maybe fun is too strong. Let me rephrase. It was a run devoid of suckiness. A run with the absence of suckiness actually isn’t too bad of a way to spend your time. I suspect this is just a fluke. The planets were aligned, the gods were smiling upon me and the conditions were ripe for a good run. I suspect the regular pains of running will return. They better anyway. I can’t come to the end of this experiment with an appreciation of running. As we ALL know, running ain’t no fun. The one thing I still can’t figure out, is why I am actually putting on weight.

1 comment:

  1. What if runners are just tricked into thinking it is fun. After all the pains you have when you start, you get in a pain free run and WHAM-O you start to think running is fun. I'm sure after being water boarded for 3 hours I might think that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a good movie.

    ReplyDelete